Brandon Flight Centre safely and proudly serves the aviation community of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. We are seeking a knowledgeable, hardworking, trustworthy, experienced AME to join our team.
*** NOTE - you must be a licensed Aircraft Mechanical Engineer to qualify for this position. If you are not an aircraft mechanic, please do not apply.
Position: AME M1 Licensed. M2 will be considered depending on qualifications and experience.
Wage: Range - $33.00 - $37.00/hour - to be determined at time of interview based on experience and qualifications.
Group Insurance Plan: yes, including health and dental.
Schedule: Full-time - 0800–1630, Monday – Friday, seasonal on-call, some weekends.
Start Date: Immediately or as soon as possible.
Job description: The successful Aircraft Maintenance Engineer applicant will be primarily responsible for
* Conducting planned and unplanned maintenance procedures on our fleet of aircraft as well as customer (Commercial and private aircraft) in accordance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations and company procedures, including but not limited to:
* Perform and document inspection of engines, structural, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
* Troubleshoot structural, mechanical, hydraulic and engines to identify and repair defects
* Perform and document landing gear configuration changes between wheels, floats, skis
* Interpret technical drawings, blueprints, manuals, instructions, etc.
* Repairs and general maintenance, including sheet metal and structures
* Inspecting, servicing and maintaining spare parts inventory
* Assisting with the general maintenance and servicing of hangar equipment and facilities
* Maintaining an organized, clean and safe hangar environment
* Assist Director of Maintenance with General duties
Qualification & Personal Attributes
* Canadian AME-M1 license (M2 will also be considered)
* Experience working with Ag aircraft an asset (piston and turbine)
* Experience working with sheet metal / structures / avionics an asset
* Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license
* Must be competent and efficient at working either in a team or independently without direct supervision
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Necessary tools
* Good attitude in dealing with co-workers and customers
As we are a learning facility, must also have patience to guide and educate apprentices as assigned